These are completely personal and designed to meet the specific requirements of your project or the techniques you would like to learn. You tell me what you would like to achieve during the session and I will put together a program to meet your needs.
One-to-one workshops are also useful if you wish to finish an existing project and require access to the tools and advice available.
Depending on your choice of project, you will be shown and practice some of the following skills:
- Contemporary or traditional upholstery techniques,
- Correct and safe use of professional tools,
- How to clean, restore and repair your project chair if required,
- Stripping down the chair in preparation for the new fabric,
- Upholstery knots,
- Simple buttoning techniques,
- Fitting fabric around the seat or legs,
- Correct use of an industrial sewing machine,
- And many more techniques and skills.
What Should You Bring?
If you’ve never re-upholstered and want to give it a go, then bring in a small to medium sized chair or a footstool.
If you are unsure what to bring along or to check availability, please contact me with a photo via my FaceBook page or on 0777 240 1689.
All materials for completing your project will be provided, except the outer upholstery fabric. I have a selection of fabric available, but if you have a fabric in mind, it is best to source this beforehand.
Note: Please ensure the fabric is non-stretch and there is 10cms of excess all the way around your seat.